Barre is a ballet inspired, core-focused exercise class that concentrates on isolated core fitness exercises, alignment, flexibility, and posture by employing targeted muscle movement. This method is a fusion of ballet, yoga, and pilates. Each exercise is thoughtfully and purposefully placed in the class exercise order to optimize the body’s ability to burn fat, sculpt the body, and build long, lean muscles.
TRŪBarre was born when Robyn Heckler’s passion for barre became fused with her friend Leslie Newbold’s dedication to healthy living. Having taken barre classes for five years and experienced barre’s benefits to both body and mind, Robyn’s love for sports, exercise, and nutrition made her want to open a barre studio of her own. When Leslie, already an established local business owner, became exposed to barre, she saw an opportunity in the Northern Philadelphia suburbs and her creative mind went running. Together, TRŪBarre was born. Robyn and Leslie are TRŪBelievers in barre, and what it can do for both your body and mind. Both are busy working moms who were once collegiate athletes and wanted to create a beautiful studio where anybody of any fitness level could come to exercise and feel comfortable. Together, Robyn and Leslie hope that you will join them for one hour in your busy day to let TRŪBarre’s mind and body benefits re-energize, reengage, and restore your health and vitality!
The Truth About Barre
The TRŪBarre method is a combination of dance, ballet, yoga and pilates all fused into one. It is an exercise that can be done by both the young and old, superior athlete or novice, people recovering from injury, and women who are pregnant. It incorporates small isometric movements through interval training to create lean, long limbs, a strong core, increased flexibility, and a sound mind.
Hit the barre class for our signature full body workout fitness program designed to give you chiseled abs, toned legs, cut arms, and a high, lifted butt. This ballet inspired, core-centric class focuses on isolated fitness exercises, alignment, flexibility and posture as you work through targeted mindful muscle movements. Let our personal teachers push you to the limit — and then find balance — as every hard worked muscled is followed by a deep, relaxing stretch. Suitable for all fitness levels.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice prior to cancelling a class.
- Gift Certificates are available, please inquire.
- Classes may be cancelled if less than 3 participants are registered.
- Please check e-mails for weather and studio closing announcements
- We gladly offer one free class per client!
AT THE STUDIO
- The studio is generally open 25 minutes prior to class start time, 15 minutes prior to class start time for our early morning classes.
- Please inform your instructor if you have any injuries or medical conditions before each class.
- First-time clients, please arrive at least five minutes prior to class start time for introduction.
- Please arrive for class on time; your space may be given to walk-in or wait-listed clients if you are not present at the start of class.
- Water bottles are available for purchase and can be refilled at our filtered water station.
- Please, no cell phones inside the studio.
- Too much chatter is distracting. Please have fun but keep the talking to a minimum!
- Classes are 55 minutes in duration. Please stay for the entire class. Our closing stretching sequence is relaxing, please allow others to enjoy it.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in class.
- Please be mindful of the energy you bring into the studio. We keep a welcoming and inspirational vibe for our clients at all times. Come with a positive attitude and ready for the best workout of your life!
Our studio has a 4-hour late cancellation policy. Any classes missed or cancelled within 4 hours of class will be charged a class credit if you have a class package and a $5 fee. Exceptions will be made to our policy in emergency and delicate situations. We completely understand that life happens and it is not always possible to follow through on every commitment made! There are no hard feelings for a cancellation or a miss, but we simply must maintain the integrity of our policy.